Our client is one of the world’s most diversified general trading and investment companies, with interests ranging from Iron & Steel Products to Infrastructure Projects to Food Products and many more. Operating in more than 140 offices across 60 countries.
We have a vacancy for their headquarters in Amsterdam (a joint subsidiary), which main activity is the leasing of electric locomotives in Europe for the now liberalised rail transport system – particularly to new private railway companies. With a fleet of more than 300 locomotives, our client is Europe’s market leader in full service locomotive leasing which covers all main railway corridors. But also leases locomotives to companies operating in both passenger and freight traffic in the industrial and transportation sectors. Their locomotives not only fulfil the strict requirements for rail traffic in terms of safety, but are also very efficient and sustainable. They stand for stability and longstanding successful operations in the leasing business.
Job description: We are looking for a Key Account Manager who will work within the sales team in order to support reaching the challenging growth targets of the company. You will maintain and expand relationships with strategically important customers and develop potential new customers. You will also attend relevant customer meetings, and events.
The ideal candidate has a strong commercial track record and is responsible for placing available locomotives with lessees. You will support the Sales Manager with observing the internal approval processes and the performance requirements set by Management as well as intensively working together and communicating with the locomotive maintenance team based in Germany.
Towards your clients, you are the expert with a thorough technical knowledge about locomotive types and how the potential usage is optimized. You will develop a deep knowledge for operating lease, including VAT, tax and accounting issues related to locomotive operations. You will coordinate the involvement of personnel, support, service, and management resources, in order to meet account performance objectives and customers’ expectations. This requires you to conduct proper risk assessment and to be meticulous in your administration and communication towards your colleagues and clients.
It is expected of you that you have an innovative mindset and look for opportunities to grow the business.. You will be part of the sales and marketing department (8 FTE) and will report to the Sales & Marketing Director.
* Bachelor/ university degree
* 5 – 10 years of (industrial or financial) sales experience
* Affinity with (railway) transportation, leasing or logistic sector
* Must: Native in English and German. Another European language is an advantage
* Strong teamwork skills
* Hands on mentality, capability to motivate people, independent and target focused
* Ambitious and driven personality with a positive attitude
* Pragmatic team player who also can act autonomic
* Capable of working in a structured manner in a sometimes hectic environment
* Willing to regularly travel abroad
* Competitive package including bonus structure
* Comprehensive training programmes / International growth perspective
* Work at an international company with a dynamic environment with an entrepreneurial flair
* Work in a growing company with a solid and strong mother company that values sustainability, circularity and personal development